;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Saturday, February 28, 2009

2 Days Old

So Isaac is 2 days old today and getting more handsome by the minute. I forgot to post how big (or how small) he was born at. He was 6 lbs 7 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.

We have spoken to some of the doctors that have been looking after Isaac. Basically, everthing is the same...nothing worse, and he is very stable right now. The team of doctors will meet on Monday to appoint and schedule his first surgery. Could be early or late next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Great news is ... I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO HOLD ISAAC FOR THE FIRST TIME! It was great...I really didn't expect to get to hold him. He's already got so many tubes and wires, but hey we'll take all we can get. Holding him really seemed to calm him down. He was so peaceful and that seemed to keep ME at peace. As you can imagine, it was an emotional moment...especially for me. I held him for almost two hours (as much as they would let me before his next feeding). Ernest was able to just hold him also. Like I said, for the moment...we'll take all we can get!

I'm posting one more picture, because he's showing his features a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews