;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our New Bundle of Joy

Isaac Anthony Lopez, born on February 26, 2009 at 2:59PM.

Sorry for the late update. I was supposed to have been induced yesterday morning but they had no rooms available. So they asked me if I wanted to go in at midnight and start the induction. We got to St Luke's at 11:00pm and we were finally able to get a room two hours later. They didn't want to start the induction process until later in the morning so they got me started on Oxytocin at 4am. I came in and was already having contractions and dilated, so it made it a little easier to get my contractions closer together. Everything was going well and smooth until I was fully dilated, but Isaac was not going down low enough. So I started freaking out when the doctor started talking about a C-section. I've never had any surgery done in my life and I was so scared. I asked them whether they were going to put me all the way under, but they said the epidural was enough to get me by and that Ernest could be right there by my side. We got to the operating room at 2:30pm and all was over by 3:00pm. So I thought everyone might like to meet Isaac. At the moment, he has his own ICU room at Texas Children's Hospital while I'm recovering at St Lukes. Once I'm well enough, I'll get to go finally see him. I was only able to hold his hand for a brief moment right after they cleaned him up and made sure he was stable in a ventilator. Daddy and some family have been able to go and visit him, but Eli cannot go into ICU until Sunday. He has seen pictures of his little brother though. So, as I was saying...I'm proud to introduce Isaac Anthony Lopez.





8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on his arrival. You are in our thoughts and prayers.


    Kim and Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks just like you and Eli!!! So cute--I can't wait to see him in a few days. Keep me posted on surgeries, etc.
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac looks just like big brother! He is so cute! Cant wait to meet him. Spring break will take too long to get here! from Tia Maribel. Eli is big bro now. I bet hes excited. We cant wait to meet the new addition to the family. I know he'll do great. Uncle Ismael

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new cousin is so cute. i cant wait to hold him. love brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the baby gets well.He will be a great cousin. Love Daren

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for Little Isaac. Even though we still havent met him in person, we feel we have a connection with him. Ismael, Maribel, Daren, Brianna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute! We are praying for Isaac and your family and hope that everything goes well. We can't wait to meet him.

    Clarissia & Chad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews