;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Still in Houston

So, we were a day from going back to Midland and then something awful happened....after we ate dinner Friday night at Fuddrucker's, my mom came out of the restaurant, tried to step off of the sidewalk, slipped in the mud and broke her leg. Fuddrucker's immediately called the ambulance and they were there within minutes. I guess because Mom has no medical insurance, she was taken to Ben Taub trauma center. Although I can't complain too much about the doctors, the hospital is horrible. She is in a room with 3 other people and the lady next door is being watched because they are suspecting that drugs are in play. Surgery was done two days ago and now all they are keeping her in the hospital for is pain management and physical therapy. She hasn't had to to take much for pain and physical therapy is trying to see if she'll do well with a walker...which she's been doing pretty good. Now, we are just waiting for them to release her so we can get back home and get her into some kind of program for her medical care. She has also been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I kind of always suspected it, but she has never been one to go to the doctor and get it checked. I guess we're all just a little glad this happened when it did, because it could've only gotten worse as time went on. So now, we have to worry about her health and make sure that she IS taking care of herself. She has to be out of work for at least 3 months while her leg heals. Once I get back home, I've got to find a part time job to be able to pay for these extra medical bills and her monthly financials. So, I would never really do this...but I am desperate. Does anyone know of anywhere (besides fastfood) that is hiring for evening help? Any thoughts or suggestions...please email me at elisaac2629@gmail.com. I am finally able to start online classes tomorrow and am so excited. It shouldn't take long to get this Medical Transcription degree (hopefully in a year) to get a job in the medical field. That is in the works right now too. I'm sure we'll be able to handle all these extra situations...its just that the future of things seems a little foggy at the moment. The Good Lord obviously knows we can handle some challenges and I'm sure we can this time too. Please pray for us...but especially for my Mom's strength. God Bless you all!

Patterned Text Generator at TextSpace.net

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone hiring for evening help.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews