;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Waiting for the New Year

And what a year it's been...is there any way to shred up the sad and scary parts? I can't wait to start fresh. It's is even greater news that if Isaac keeps doing well, we'll hopefully be out of here by the first week of the New Year! By the way, he did great through his last procedure and came out looking like he didn't have anything done at all. Since the procedure took a good 6 hours, they left him intubated that night and let him rest through the night. Ernest had left that same morning to go get Eli and my mom from our halfway point and when I arrived in his room at the hospital, I almost cried. He was happy, energetic, and already breathing slower than he was normally breathing. Since then, he has had no more episodes of coughing up blood or better yet even coughing. Although, one lung is useless, please pray that this did the trick. I don't want him to go through another surgery just yet. A couple of nights ago, Isaac spiked a fever at about 3 am. They drew all kinds of cultures to see if it was a possible bacterial infection. Ernest and I already knew that the PICC line that he still has was probably the culprit. They started him on antibiotics yesterday and today we found out that it is most likely from the PICC line. Since then, it has come out and he now has a PIV on his foot. Now it really is a question as to how much longer we'll be in the hospital. It could be the first week of the New Year unless Isaac acts up in any way again. We have also been warned that after we get discharged from the hospital, that we will have to stay locally for a month or two more. It really depends on how Isaac does during those months. So, for now....still waiting!
No words can express the gratitude of our wonderful friends and family, especially EOG. Its truly amazing how fast EOG reacted and helped with the costs and food for my mother-in-law's funeral. It was something totally not expected and were not prepared for. I don't know how we could have gotten it done without you. You made it possible to forget all the financial worries and just get it done. Clarissia, we would also like this opportunity to thank you, your family and anyone else that made Eli's Christmas so great. Let me tell you....that kid got spoiled! He received all of his Christmas list AND MORE! We were all able to spend it together at the hospital. Despite the small hospital room, it really was more than we could've asked for. It looks like we'll be ringing in the New Year in much the same way. We also want to thank the people that do not know us yet willingly give what they have to help. Sharon, thank you so much for those goodies that you brought to our hospital room. The hosital food and restaurants around the med center are getting a little monotonous! We love each and everyone that has helped us in any way (even by just talking and visiting) and greatly appreciate EVERYTHING!!! With that said, let's put all our worries behind us and get ready for this BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!!! God Bless You all!

Glitter Graphics

Happy New Year Glitter Pictures




glitter-graphics.com

3 comments:

  1. Jessica and Ernest,
    I'm so glad to hear that baby Isaac is doing better. Although I have not been blessed in meeting him, I can see how much he and Eli are loved by you and all. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Have a blessed New Year!

    Love,
    Michelle Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! You have been through so much! Poor kiddo! I am so glad he is on the mend...what a roller coaster.

    That picture of him melts my heart- he is such a little sweetie pie.

    hopefully he will have the easy road from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog and I have enjoyed reading your archives. I'm glad to hear that Isaac is doing well. I'm looking forward to reading your updates.

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Relations
    wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews