;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Elated but also Heart Broken

Great news....as of later today....Isaac is back on the transplant list. He has taken at least 7 days of antibiotics, still has 3 more days to go, but nonetheless...he's back on active.
But why am I upset...Eli has left back to Midland with Grandma today..... :( I don't really know how long he'll be there but Ernest said that when he wants to come back, he can go and get him. But for now, Eli is happy. What kid wouldn't be happy not being cooped up at a hospital everyday all day!? But I miss him already! I think I took him for granted while he was still here. I should've played with him more! My mind and heart just felt and still feels so overwhelmed. We'll just have to take it day by day.
So, what's been happening with Isaac. Well, like I said until today, we've just been waiting for him to become active on the transplant list. Doctors have already said that he will be moving to a 15th floor private room. Its just a matter of when a room will become available. They say tomorrow!!! So, I've got to get home and pack my stuff so that we can stay up here with him. Occupational Therapists have started to introduce bottlefeeding two days ago (see pics below). OT said he was doing great that day but we still don't want to push him too fast. He took a little bit by mouth thaty day. We tried again yesterday but he took less. They had also increased his milk volume yesterday, so OT thinks that was the reason why he wasn't up to bottle feeding. He is being fed 64 ccs by NGT every three hours but they are feeding him within an hour and a half. So, OT also thinks that his tummy might be feeling full still and making him gag these last two days. They'll decrease the time of feed slowly and hopefully he'll start feeling hungry enough to bottle feed. We'll see....we just have to take it day by day and not rush him. Everybody is saying "he is the boss" so we'll leave it that way. I'm also adding a picture of the first outfit he was able to wear. It was the same day they started introducing the bottle. Thanks everyone and please keep praying that his new heart comes soon. Even though he's doing great, we never know what each day can bring. We're going to cherish each day we have with him.
I also want to take this time to get all of you to say a prayer for the Petska Family. Their son Braden had HLHS and had gone through his surgeries and was doing great until I found out today that he unexpectedly passed away two days ago. Lois, (grandma) thank you so much for your uplifting words after reading my blog (when I first found out of our son's diagnosis). We pray that you and your family have the strength to get through this difficult time. {{hugs}}.






1 comment:

  1. Great news!!! I know you miss Eli but he gets a chance to be a kid again and play with his cousin who he missed so much. Isaac needs you now and Eli is in good hands. You raised a secure, independent child and he will be fine in your short-term absence.
    Melody

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews