;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Saturday, March 7, 2009

He's Opened His Eyes

Great News! We came in this morning to see how Isaac was doing.....and he had his eyes open! We were only able to see him at first for a few seconds because they were about to do an echocardiogram. We were so upset thinking that he wouldn't be awake by the time they finished. It took about 15-20 minutes for them to finally call us back up again. We went back up to see him and he was still at least alert. I'm so worried that he is still in pain though. I stayed there for a long time holding his hand, and singing to him. It broke my heart so bad to see his eyes tearing up knowing he can't cry with the tube in him. The doctors have said that they will probably try to extubate him tomorrow. That means they're hoping to take him off the breathing tube...and that means he'll be able to cry. Its so hard to see him like this but I haven't seen my kiddo awake since this past Monday. That means his heart must be doing really well. We've come back down to the waiting area to hopefully let him heal and rest. I really can't wait to see when they can take out all of these tubes and catheters, but I guess I really shouldn't rush....I'd like for them to keep a close eye on him still. So anyways, I wanted to let everyone know that they say he's doing great. I can't wait till they extubate him tomorrow. I can finally hear him cry again. Is it weird for me to say that! Please keep praying for his new heart to come along soon!!!!! God Bless you all!

At the moment, Eli is having another day out with Melody. She took him to go see Hotel for Dogs. I really hope that he has fun because he's been at the hospital more than any normal kid.

3 comments:

  1. Ernest & Jessica

    My family and church are praying for Baby Isaac.

    "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand" Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have prayers coming from Austin! Isaac's a cutie-patootie!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you and your family. Just let it be in Gods hands and great things will happen. He works in marvellous ways! We are thinking of baby Isaac over here at EOG!!!!! Take care and God Bless!!!!!

    ~ Rosie ~

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews