;
HomeOur Story Start @ Beginning

Friday, April 3, 2009

My New Room

Isaac is finally out of NICU. We can't believe it! We probably could've been moved a long time ago, but I think Isaac liked the nurses there too much. Everytime they would tell us that they had a room and we were moving, Isaac would act up. Nothing major...just a little blood in his spit up. By the way, it was nothing! Either the baby aspirin or the NG tube caused it. The aspirin was given to prevent the stent from any clots, but they told us that they are taking him off of it to see how he does. So anyways, we have moved in with him. Its not at all like they said it would be. Sure, there's quiet and privacy for maybe an hour at a time. Last night was pretty eventful..we met so many nurses and doctors and just too many people during the night. I hope its not like this every night. NO SLEEP! They told us it'd be a pull out couch enough for two people. Please....barely! Its the size of an XL twin. But, we have our own bathroom and shower... But really, we just wanted to let you know, that Isaac is not considered critical anymore. The only other thing they've changed with Isaac is that he is taking as much as he can by mouth at every feeding time that he's awake. He has improved so much! He won't take the whole bottle but at least he attempts as much as he can...which is usually about a quarter of his feed. Even if we are tired and deprived of sleep, its all good news. We shouldn't complain. We've been extremely blessed! I'm also excited to see Eli for Easter. I wish it was longer but its only gonna be for that weekend. You can't imagine just how much we miss him. Everything reminds me of him and I try to avoid them. The cartoons on tv, the happy meals that I used to eat with him. But, we'll take what we can get. I just hope Eli (and I) take it well, when we have to part again.

2 comments:

  1. John & Rachel BrittApril 6, 2009 at 9:04 AM

    That is fantastic news! Ernest, Jess, Eli, and Isaac - you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Rachel & John Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.

    Living in a hospital is soooo tough!! It is so difficult to be away from your other kiddo's too.

    My daughter had a transplant in November. I just happened upon your blog and wanted to say hi. He is super super cute!!!

    My sister's boys names are Eli and Isaac too :-)

    Hang in there- if he is not critical you can ask the docs to allow him to be less monitored at night. Post transplant the nurses only came in once because I wasn't getting any sleep at all!

    Take care,
    Mimi
    Mia's mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and prayers!

A Dedication to the Angel that gave me my new heart!

Total Pageviews